We have a vacancy for a paid campaign organiser.
Job Title: Wokingham Campaign Organiser
Responsible to: Tom Wood (Liberal Democrats Campaigns Department)
Salary: £25-£30k, depending upon experience
Hours: 35pw but expected to be flexible during peak periods.
Tenure: 2 Years fixed contract, including 6-month probationary period.
Location: The working location is Wokingham Borough area and you will be expected to be in the borough as required. Home-based when not required to be local, moving to local office accommodation if and when this becomes available.
Closing date: 31st May 2022
Purpose of the job
Clive Jones, the PPC for Wokingham and the Liberal Democrats are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who can plan and organise campaign activity, build campaigning capacity and manage a team of volunteers.
Context of Job
Wokingham is complex and dynamic area, with the local party being organised in alignment with the Borough Council area. The Wokingham Constituency seat is a Top 20 target seat for the next general election. Wokingham Borough Council has now moved to ‘No Overall Control’. Majority control of the council is also now within the future reach of the Lib Dems and would be a major boost to the parliamentary campaign.
The Wokingham constituency also covers areas of West Berkshire and Wokingham Borough Council also incorporates areas of three other constituencies. The whole area is currently subject to boundary reviews, which will bring the constituency more into line with the Borough Council boundaries and importantly, make Wokingham an even more winnable seat.
The primary focus of this role will be to campaign in the current parliamentary constituency. However, it will also be expected to support campaigning to gain control of the borough council as an important stepping-stone in its own right but also in anticipation of boundary changes.
There is already a strong local team in place and the jobholder will be the key ‘Enabler’ who will make it possible for the team to raise their performance to a whole new level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead and deliver a campaign and build the infrastructure and organisation necessary to elect a Lib Dem MP in a ‘Blue Wall’ constituency at the next General Election - and rid parliament of John Redwood.
- Take overall responsibility for organising the delivery of the agreed constituency and borough campaign plan, as agreed between the local party Campaign Task Force Chair, the PPC (Clive Jones) and the local party, Wokingham Borough Liberal Democrats.
- Building campaigning and organisational capacity – including recruiting members, donors, deliverers and poster sites.
- Building and managing a team of constituency volunteers who oversee all aspects of capacity building and campaigning.
- Designing and delivering an ongoing programme of doorstep communication with voters.
- Assisting with the coordination of delivery of campaign literature.
- Maintaining relevant databases e.g. deliverers, donors, poster sites etc.
- Organising events e.g. action days, social events, etc.
- Supporting fundraising and assisting with fundraising campaigns and events as required.
- Attending relevant conferences, training and other meetings as required.
The following criteria are considered essential:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, mobilise and manage volunteers.
- Exceptional personal organisation.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, self-motivating and able manage own workload.
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathy with the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats.
The following criteria are considered highly desirable:
- Experience of delivering effective Liberal Democrat campaigns.
- Experience of Liberal Democrat software and databases (e.g. Affinity Publisher, NationBuilder & Connect)
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle.
Key Performance Indicators
These will be agreed with the successful candidate but are expected to include metrics membership numbers, activation of volunteers and delivery of the resources (financial and other) required to sustain a successful two-year campaign up to the next general election.
Starting date: ASAP.
How to apply:
Please take a few minutes to complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Forms then proceed with your application.
- A full CV of no more than two pages and including a telephone number and email address
- A covering letter (no more than one A4 page) setting out why you want the job and how your experience and skills are relevant to it To be considered for this position, please submit your application to [email protected]
We will be reviewing applications as they come in and reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date
Please note: We will not be able to employ you if you are not eligible to work in the UK. We will not be able to obtain a work permit on your behalf.
Applicants are encouraged to inform us if any reasonable adjustments are needed to be made during any part of the recruitment process.
Please let us have details of your current salary and two referees including one from your current employer – if you would prefer us not to contact them until a later stage of the selection process, please let us know.
We will not notify applicants if their application has been unsuccessful at shortlisting stage.
The Party believes it is essential to foster equity, equality, diversion and inclusion within our workforce. We want our employees to thrive in an environment where everyone is welcome and supported to achieve their potential. It is important to celebrate what makes us unique and that you feel valued, appreciated and free to be who you are.